14 October 2008

Savannah Fire and Emergency Services Truck 16

A couple of days ago, I posted about my father hearing an ENGINE 16 on Savannah Fire talkgroups. I must admit that I got that wrong, he told me TRUCK 16, not ENGINE 16 and I just didn't remember the conversation correctly once I got around to blogging about it.

This evening, I got an email from the Savannah Fire and Emergency Service Public Information Officer, Captain Matthew Stanley. Capt. Stanley said that TRUCK 16 is currently operating out of Station 6, which is at Liberty Parkway and Ogeechee Rd. They have put TRUCK 16 in service to better protect the new growth in the areas of Ogeechee Rd. and Chatham Parkway. Eventually they will locate it at a new station on Chatham Parkway for which they are currently searching for a location.

Thanks to Captain Stanley for the information!

Mac McCormick, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net