26 June 2009

Bryan County TRS Frequencies

Yesterday, I noticed that someone had submitted talkgroup information to Radio Reference on the Bryan County TRS. Unfortunately, I cannot hear this system very well at home, so I don't have much info on it yet; that someone else is monitoring the system and sending in updates is wonderful. One thing, however, that I didn't see in the Radio Reference Database Entry was frequency information other than the 851.1125 control channel.

This morning I went to a location where I could hear the system well and heard 3 of the 4 submitted talkgroups and made a list of the frequencies I heard in use:

851.1125 - Control Channel (9600 baud)
852.375
852.625
853.1375

Note: for those that want to monitor this system, you need a newer trunktracking scanner that does both digital voice and can track a 9600 baud control channel. Older analog only trunktracking scanners will not work with this system.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net