10 September 2009

USCG Station Brunswick Using NET 118

This morning, I made a quick trip down to Brunswick. As is my usual habit, I did some radio monitoring during the trip. Today's monitoring led to a new find: USCG Station Brunswick using NET 118 for communications. This is something that I haven't seen posted yet.

Throughout the morning, I heard Station Brunswick working 25473 on NET 118 (164.900) in unencrypted digital voice. Station Brunswick was also working some other assets on Ch. 21 (157.050). Signals were pretty good in McIntosh County on I-95 and in the Brunswick (Exit 36 and 38) area.

This now makes for two of Sector Charleston's stations using the NET frequencies: Station Tybee was previously noted using NET 113 and Station Brunswick is using NET 118.

Mac McCormick III
KF4LMT