23 September 2009

CEMA Talkgroups

During a recent exericse that I monitored, both Port Wentworth and CEMA (Chatham County Emergency Managment Agency) referred to TG 6256 as CEMA 3 ALPHA. This was formerly referred to as just CEMA 3, so I've begun wondering if there is parallel set of CEMA channels using digital voice (with the analog channels in the portable radio's A bank and the digital channels perhaps in the B bank). I have heard CEMA activity on a digital talkgroup within the past year (TG 12496) but I have not been able to tie it to a channel designator, so there is one piece of evidence that could point in that direction.

Drop me an email or post to the Scan Savannah google group (there is a link at the bottom of this blog) if you've monitored anything similar or have additional info.

Mac McCormick III
KF4LMT