30 August 2009

Changes Coming in October

Beginning in October, I'll begin working in the Brunswick area. While my permanent residence will remain in Savannah, I'll be staying in Brunswick roughly five days out of each week. Such changes have both their negative and positive aspects. While I won't be able to monitor the smorgasboard of great communications in the Savannah area as much as I do now, a door to monitoring a new area has been opened.

October will lead me to expand the coverage area of this blog to the Brunswick area. There are plenty of things to monitor in Brunswick and I expect to cover them in this blog. Glynn County and Brunswick have an 800 MHz TRS and I'll be learning that system and becoming accustomed to how their agencies operate. Brunswick will put me closer to the military offshore operations closer to Jacksonville that I can't hear well here at home. A short trip down the road is NSB Kings Bay and just a bit farther down the road is Jacksonville.

Material from the Savannah area no doubt will be reduced, but look for material from the Brunswick and Jacksonville area to be added. The mobile monitoring post should see a lot of use; I don't plan on being any less "radio active."

Mac McCormick III
KF4LMT