27 January 2009

Scanning and Monitoring Presentation at the February Coastal Amateur Radio Society Meeting

I've been asked to give a presentation on scanning and monitoring at the February Coastal Amateur Radio Society (CARS) Meeting. It will be at 7:00 PM on February 2, 2009 at the White Bluff Presbyterian Church. The presentation will follow the regular business meeting. Visitors are always welcome!

I have decided to do a presentation on basic scanning and monitoring in the Savannah area, concentrating on Public Safety and Military Aviation. Topics I'll cover are:
  • What there is to monitor
  • What type of radio systems are in use
  • What equipment is needed to monitor it

I'll be attempting to aim the presentation towards the novice scanning and monitoring enthusiast. Presenting it to the amateur radio club, I'll also be giving it a ham radio twist, pointing out how some activity can be monitored with amateur radio gear.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net