14 December 2006

First Post

After seeing the Monitoring Times staff and other create blogs on radio monitoring, I decided to start one myself. I'm not going to post logs here like I do on the email groups, but I do plan on posting some of the more interesting things I find such as exercises, new finds, and news stories related to monitoring. You may not always find radio related posts here either. I am also a motorsports and football fan, so expect related posts (especially once racing season arrives!) I am also a voracious reader, so there will be posts on what I happen to be currently reading. One thing I'll try to stay away from is politics, there is enough of that in the "blogosphere" already!

There are photos of my monitoring posts to the right. The home Monitoring Post consists of a BC-780, BC-796, PRO-2006, PRO-2052, and DX-394. Portables such as an Alinco DJ-X10, a BC-250, and a Sporty's Pilot Shop JD-100 round them out. The mobile Monitoring Post consists of a Yaesu FT-8800, BC-780, and PRO-95.

I ask everyone reading this to bear with me, as I'm just getting started with this sort of thing. Hopefully I won't make to much of a fool of myself as I get started.