29 December 2006

Effingham 800 News

Apparently, there were some problems with the Effingham Site of the Chatham-Effingham TRS today that were effecting the analog talkgroups but not digital ones. During what sounded like troubleshooting of the system, it changed control channels a couple of times to what is probably the secondary control channel:

857.2375 Primary Control Channel
860.9375 Secondary Control Channel

Additionally, I caught some I-Tac activity in Effingham County today. I've had the I-Tac frequencies in my scanners for several years now, but I never heard any activity on them until this afternoon. There were several units (they weren't using callsigns, but it sounded like Effingham Fire/Rescue) doing radio checks on I-Tac 1 (866.5125) from various places in Effingham County. I was inside and had half-strength signal on them, so I am pretty sure it was through a repeater and not simplex activity.

Mac McCormick, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net