09 January 2010

NSB Kings Bay Sites of the Southeast DOD TRS

Location: Kingsland, GA

This afternoon and evening have found me spending time in Kingsland, GA. In my down time, I've been monitoring the NSB Kings Bay site of the Southeast DOD TRS and a site that I believed is a second NSB Kings Bay site.

The site I thought to be the second Kings Bay site, using the control channel 386.1875 is definitely at or near NSB Kings Bay. The signals from the site are extremely strong on and around NSB Kings Bay and the talkgroup activity practically mirrors the already known NSB Kings Bay site. It is pretty safe identifying the site as NSB Kings Bay.

This being a Friday afternoon/evening, there has not been a great deal of talkgroup activity. Here is an overview of the talkgroup activity I've heard (it seems that the two have been simulcasting the same activity):

28053 - encrypted
28058 - encrypted/clear
28081 - encrypted
28087 - encrypted/clear
28563 - encrypted
28050 - Waterfront Security, encrypted
28562 - Police, encrypted/clear
28557 - Fire, encrypted/clear

Throughout the evening and afternoon I have heard nothing on the NSB Kings Bay 406 MHz TRS. I have heard some traffic on it during the daytime on weekdays before but it has almost always sounded civilian in nature.

Tomorrow I hope to have some more time to monitor the Kings Bay sites and some time to monitor the NS Mayport site. I doubt I'll be close enough to hear the NAS Jax site, but I'll definitely take some notes if I'm lucky enough.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT