13 October 2009

First Few Days in Brunswick

I am back from my first few days in Brunswick. I was pretty busy with work, so I don't have much to report quite yet. There wasn't much military to report on because one day was a holiday. The Glynn County TRS is very active, but I haven't had much time to search for TGs that aren't listed on the Radio Reference page. Here is what have found:
  • The 442.700 repeater covers the area south of Savannah better than the 2-meter repeaters. I was able to start carrying on a conversation with Mark, KA4CID from milemarker 49 while on my way back to town this evening.
  • The 444.625 repeater in Kingsland has good coverage in Brunswick. This is an interesting repeater; it is dual mode with both analog and P25 voice. I had a good QSO with Pete, K4QHR on the 444.625 last night while out getting something to eat.
  • My programming files need some serious work! The portions for Glynn and Camden have not been used much and extended monitoring and attempted use has exposed some problems.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT