30 December 2008

Second USB to Serial Interface and ID Tracker

I picked up a second USB to Serial Interface cable this morning so that I can run more than one DB9 equipped device. I've been switching the first interface back and forth between the scanners and the FT-897D. Now I can leave the first one on the FT-897D to run Ham Radio Deluxe for it and use the second to use ID Tracker and programming software with the 780's, the 796, and the portable scanners.

I blogged about this quite awhile back I think, but it's worth going back over again; ID Tracker is a great little program. You can log and record talkgroups or frequencies from various scanners, assisting in finding and IDing new talkgroups and frequencie. You can get more information on both ID Tracker and ID Tracker II here.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net