16 July 2007

Morse Code and Live Earth

No, this is not a post in support of Morse Code or is it a political post about Live Earth or Al Gore's "Save Our Selves" campaign. It is a simple observation.


Over the last couple of years, I've become a fan of John Mayer's guitar playing and songwriting (for those not familiar I strongly suggest checking out the CD "Try" by the John Mayer Trio and the song "In Repair" from the CD "Continuum"). This morning I decided to download a song he played during the recent series of Live Earth concerts. Up until this morning, I really hadn't paid all that much attention to the Live Earth campaign, but I noticed something radio related in the album cover art that came with the song I downloaded. There was Morse Code in the logo. The Morse Code can also be seen in the "Save Our Selves" logo. If you look right below the stylized S.O.S., the S.O.S. is repeated in Morse Code. I wonder how many folks who see the logo realize what they are looking at?

Mac McCormick, KF4LMT