26 February 2007

Late Posts and TROUT 99

Scanning
Unfortunately, I won't be able to get my weekly MilCom recap posted until around Wednesday. An 8 day straight run at work combined with overtime and a double back will keep me busy until Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday afternoon, I'll have to get an article ready for the Amateur Radio Club of Savannah's Key Klix, after which I'll try to finish getting the recap together.

On a more pleasant note, I did manage to catch TROUT 99 this afternoon on the way to work. It made an apparently unsuccessful attempt to contact Robins Metro on 344.600 then contacted Jacksonville Metro on 343.500 for weather at MacDill AFB. The rare KC-135E was making it's way to MacDill from a visit to Robins AFB.

Motorsports
Likewise, I'll try to get my comments on the week in racing up in the neighborhood of Wednesday. I've been contemplating a few things and have also been sparked by a recent David Phillips commentary on the SPEED website.


Mac McCormick, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net