15 April 2009

866.1125 P25 Control Channel

A week or so ago, I picked up a 9600 baud Motorola Control Channel in Pembroke on 866.1125. I have not been able to find any information on it in the FCC database. This afternoon I picked up a control channel on it again that seems to be coming from the Richmond Hill area. Based on what little I've heard, I'm going to guess that they are the long awaited Bryan County TRS. When I was in the Pembroke area, I could not get the BC-396 to read a site ID off of the control channel. Today, it was reading the site ID off of the signal I believe to be coming from Richmond Hill as 02C5H-0101. So far I have not seen or heard any talkgroup activity.

Savannah Radio Hobbyists - It looks like we've got a new radio system to figure out!

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net