08 March 2009

ARRL DX Contest

The ARRL DX Contest is over. Over the weekend, I gathered 135 individual QSOs from 92 different stations. Considering that I don't have much of a station: just a barefoot FT-897D and a G5RV, I don't think that's a bad tally. This morning, I heard two Australian stations, but I just didn't have enough to get back to them (although I did hear Jere, KT4ZB get one of them). One of the stations I worked this weekend, PJ2T, I worked on 5 bands; luckily 10 Meters came open late in the evening a couple of hours before the contest ended. My favorite contact from the contest was KH7X in Hawaii (my birthplace!) on 80 Meters; that's the longest distance contact I have on 80 Meters.

4B2S - Mexico
6Y1V - Jamaica
8P6EX - Barbados
9A1A - Croatia
9A1UN- Croatia
AH7C - Hawaii
CO8ZZ - Cuba
CS2C - Portugal
CT1ILT - Portugal
CT2ITR - Portugal
CT9L - Madeira Island
CU2A - Azores
CU2CR - Azores
CV5K - Uruguay
DJ1AA - Germany
DL0MB - Germany
E70T - Bosnia-Herzegovina
E71A - Bosnia-Herzegovina
E76C - Bosnia-Herzegovina
EA1ABT - Spain
EA1FDI - Spain
EA3BOX - Spain
EA5DFV - Spain
ED5T - Spain
EE2W - Spain
EI2CN - Ireland
EI4GYB - Ireland
FS5KA - St. Martin
G3YYD - UK
G4BUO - UK
G5W - UK
GW7X - Wales
HB9TSW - Switzerland
HE8CXZ - Switzerland
HI3K - Dominican Republic
HI3TEJ - Dominican Republic
HK6P - Colombia
HP1WW - Panama
HQ9R - Honduras
I2VRN - Italy
I4TJE - Italy
IK8HCG - Italy
IO6A - Italy
IR4M - Italy
IR4T - Itlay
IW2HAJ - Italy
KH7X - Hawaii
KH7XS - Hawaii
KP2M - Virgin Islands
KP3VA - Puerto Rico
KP4KE - Puerto Rico
LT1F - Argentina
LU2QC - Argentina
OH8L - Finland
OH8X - Finland
OL5T - Czech Republic
OM3PC - Slovak Republic
OM60KAP - Slovak Republic
OZ7X - Denmark
P40A - Aruba
P49Y - Aruba
PI4BRD - Netherlands
PI4TUE - Netherlands
PJ2T - Curacao - 5 Bands!
PJ4G - Curacao
PS0F - Fernando de Noronha
RK3AWL - Russia
S50K - Slovenia
S51DX - Slovenia
S53F - Slovenia
SN3X - Poland
SO8A - Poland
SP9PRO - Poland
T42T - Cuba
TI5N - Costa Rica
TI8II - Costa Rica
TI8M - Costa Rica
TM6M - France
TM9R - France
US5D - Ukraine
V26F - Antigua
V48M - St. Kitts & Nevis
VP2E - Anguilla
VP5H - Turks & Caicos
VP9I - Bermuda
WP4EDD - Puerto Rico
YN2NB - Nicaragua
YT1BB - Serbia
YV5KG - Venezuela
YV6BXN - Venezuela
ZF2AM - Cayman Islands
ZY7C - Brazil

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net