21 November 2008

The AT-897 is Back From Repair

The AT-897 tuner returned from LDG yesterday while I was at work. Before turning in last night, I reinstalled it on the side of the FT-897 so that I could give it a try this morning. LDG replaced a bad latching relay (the problem was a relay that was unlatching after a couple of transmissions) and upgraded the unit's software while they had it. Turn around time on the repairs wasn't bad at all, including delivery times, it was only gone just over two weeks. So far, I have no complaints with LDG's service.

I worked UR5HAC in the Ukraine, KT4FW in North Carolina, N1QLL in Maine and checked into the South CARS net with no problems. The tuner never "un-tuned" once, so the repair job seems to have worked. Prior to sending it off, it would have certainly have had a problem during the QSO I had with KT4FW.

I look forward to working it out some more this weekend as a further test.

Mac McCormick III, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net