02 August 2008

XE2WWW's QSL Card

Back on 01 July 2008, I worked Jorge, XE2WWW on 50.122 USB. Being my first Mexico contact, I sent Jorge a QSL card to confirm the QSO. Yesterday, I received a terrific bi-fold card back from Jorge. The outside of the card features the Mexican flag, historic Mexican scenery, and Jorge's antennas. As a military aviation enthusiast, the inside really caught my attention; it features a Mexican Air Force World War II squadron - Escuadron 201.


As soon as I got the chance, I looked up Escuadron 201 on the internet and found it to have an interesting history. Formed in response to Nazi attacks on Mexican shipping, the squadron fought with the US Army Air Force in the Phillipines. For more information, see it's wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escuadr%C3%B3n_201


Mac McCormick, KF4LMT