21 December 2007

Holiday Monitoring - "Santa Claus" Details

During the Christmas Holiday, I've always found it fun to listen to public safety agencies doing "Santa Claus" details. Here in the Savannah area, Southside Fire Department has been doing them in some of their districts for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I don't know who's having more fun, the kids that get to see Santa Claus or the department members taking Santa around the neighborhoods!

This year I've heard Southside's Montgomery District's Santa Detail on SSFD Division 3 (TG 3920) and their Westside/7th District's Santa Detail on SSFD Division 5 (TG 3984). I also heard the Air National Guard Fire Department at Savannah IAP doing a Santa Detail on their primary 800 talkgroup (TG 6640).

I even heard the Coast Guard do an airborne Santa Detail this year. One Saturday this month, I caught COAST GUARD 6575, one of the HH-65s at Air Station Savannah, bringing Santa Claus into the Air Station, coordinating the arrival with the Air Station on Marine VHF Ch. 21 (157.050)

Mac McCormick, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net