08 August 2007

Space Shuttle Endeavour Launch

The Space Shuttle Endeavour launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida this evening at 1836 local time. I've had no luck monitoring HF communications using my indoor setup despite Al Stern's excellent postings on the email groups but I was able to get five good transmissions out of the UHF air-to-ground communications on 259.700:

"Two Engines...."

"Negative Return"

"Press to AG?"

"Single Engine...."

"Press to MECO"

This is about average for what I get from here in Savannah during a shuttle launch: five to six transmissions. There was a sixth transmission between "Single Engine..." and "Press to MECO" but it was quite garbled and I was unable to make it out.

Here's to Good Luck on the the STS-118 Mission.


Mac McCormick, KF4LMT
kf4lmt@comcast.net